Google ADS search machine

adsense search machine




adsense search machine

Welcome to my official site

Welcome to my official site

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

After D Antoni. My Suggestion Avery Johnson

Photobucket

my suggestion.

Photobucket

Well, we haven’t been "here" in a while.

"Here," meaning without a coach and without an immediate plan for succession.
In fact, the last time it happened for the Suns was in 1988, when the team looked outside the confines of the immediate organization and called on Cotton Fitzsimmons to run the bench and help rebuild the roster. And Cotton was an old pal, having coached the team for two years in the franchise’s early seasons.

Every time there’s been a coaching change in Phoenix since then, the new team leader has come from inside the organization, generally from the ranks of assistant coaches such as Paul Westphal, Danny Ainge, Frank Johnson, Scott Skiles…and Mike D’Antoni. That’s led to great continuity and organizational stability over the last twenty years. With a coach in place, the team has generally had an idea where they were going next, should the coach be fired, retire, or move on to greener pastures.

That’s not really the case, this time. New ownership, new style, new rules. And the team’s likely soon to be heading in a somewhat different direction than the one they’ve been traveling the past couple years.

I’ll miss Mike D’Antoni. We all will. He brought a lot of success and excitement to the Valley. The team was perfectly molded, for several years, to his style and preferences. And, very simply put, the pairing of D’Antoni with Steve Nash was the greatest teaming of coach and point guard since Magic Johnson and Pat Riley (sorry, Sloan and Stockton fans, but I give our guys the slight edge).

I’ll also be surprised if any of D’Antoni’s assistants stay behind to be cherry-picked for the Suns head-coaching job. I’ll miss them, too, if they go. Everyone played a role on the staff, and played it very well. But my sense is that, from a coaching standpoint, the Suns are looking for it to be “clean slate time.” Since player contracts are such right now that meaningful personnel change can’t happen, the rebuilding will start in the coach’s office – new philosophies and, to an extent, a new style.

Already, the newspapers and websites are filling up with names and speculation. Some of the names intrigue me, some don’t inspire me, others frighten me. So I thought I’d make my own list, in ascending order, of who I’d like to see in the head coach’s comfy, but slippery, chair:

Photobucket

My suggestion about this search is, why don't they interview and hire Avery Johnson for the head coaching

reasons are:

He is a typical point guard and a good play maker during his NBA playing years

He led the mavs to the finals and beat the spurs in the 2nd round

He also won the coach of the year award.

i believe the suns will be able to use him as the one!

thats the only problem of the suns, defense so they need some adjustments, hiring avery is'nt a bad idea, they may get a title soon as long as they get along with him.

he is also a defensive coach like larry brown, look at san antonio during the 07 season, they beat the spurs 2wice in the season so the spurs are 0-2 against the mavs that time when avery is holding the team.

mark cuban had made a mistake of getting him rid. so i hope the suns will accquire him.

well kerr had done a wrong move, he did not gave d antoni a chance to rebuilt shaq.

No comments:

Visitors of My Command Post